ACFID National Conference 2018
This year, as part of the evening event we will be hosting a photography competition and exhibition. It will explore the subthemes of: People. Planet. Peace.
The purpose of this exhibition is to showcase photography from recent times (2016 to current day), highlighting the importance of imagery in creating awareness and effecting change. It is open to everyone.
Shortlisted photographs will be displayed during the evening event and also on Day 2 of the conference, with delegates having the ability to interact with the exhibition and nominate their favourite photographs. These will be announced at the close of conference and one entrant from each theme will receive a ticket to ACFID’s Conference in 2019.
“All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood”
Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world, from birth until death. They apply regardless of where you are from, what you believe or how you choose to live your life. This theme represents the heart of human rights – people. The protected, the protectors, and those that are still fighting for theirs.
Healthy ecosystems, environment and climate and the necessary interaction between these and healthy communities and societies. They are essential for human health and therefore life, and when functioning well, provide us with nutrition and food security, clean air and fresh water, medicines, cultural and spiritual values, and contribute to local livelihoods and economic development. This theme reminds us of the need to protect our Earth and all it provides.
“Everyone has the right to enjoy peace such that all human rights are promoted and protected, and development is fully realised”
This theme explores human rights in the broader context of peace, civil society space and human security and explore critical questions around the nexus between rights and peace.
How to get involved
Please express your intention to participate in the exhibition by completing the following form as soon as possible and no later than Friday 28 September 2018. Your expression must include a brief explanation of how your work relates to the conference theme(s). For any further questions about the photo exhibition please email [email protected] or [email protected]
Photo file guidelines
- Photos are to be submitted in either a jpeg or raw. – The photos should be a minimum of 3,000 pixels wide and 300DPI. – Please note the ratio of the prints for the exhibition are 2×3 – landscape or portrait.
- Maximum 2 photos per person/organisation.
Conditions of entry
- Photos should interpret one of the sub themes to Human Rights – People. Planet. Peace.
- Entries are open to anyone
- Photos must be the work of the photographer who enters the competition.
- Photos must be from 2016 to current day only.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to have obtained the permission of the persons/subjects in the photograph.
- Entry is free.
- Maximum of 2 entries will be accepted per entrant.
- Photos should be entered that are not ‘collages’ or rely on heavy use of image manipulation (e.g. photoshop) or overlay.
- Depending on the number of images entered overall, the selection may be shortlisted for display on the night if it is not possible to display them all. Entrants will be notified if this happens and if their image is successful or not.
- Electronic copies only will be received; they should be at 300 DPI and up to 15 MB file size.
- Entries should be submitted via email to [email protected] with a completed entry form
- Each photograph should have a title and a short description or story about it.
- Copyright and intellectual property of the images remains the permission of the photographer.
- ACFID will print shortlisted photographs for display at conference and will retain them for use within their office afterwards.
- By submitting the permission form, the entrant grants permission to ACFID to copy and publish their submission (including any photograph or text) or part of it for any purpose relating to ACFID Conference, the dinner and its promotion this year and in the future on our websites, social media sites or in print or digital publication. Photographs will not be used for any other purpose.
- Photographs will be credited wherever the images are used.
- Entries for the 2018 competition will close on 28 September 2018
- Submitting the entry form constitutes acceptance of these conditions.