Australian Ethical is Australia’s leading ethical super and investment manager. We are an investment manager with a difference: one that doesn’t compromise returns for ethics or ethics for returns but achieves both to benefit people, planet and animals.
We have been providing a growing number of Australians with wealth management products that align with their values and deliver investment performance since 1986 and with $3.42 billion in funds under management we are living proof that it is possible to give equal weight to social and environmental factors and still achieve outstanding financial returns.
All our investments are guided by the Australian Ethical Charter which both shapes our ethical approach and underpins our culture and each year we distribute up to 10% of our yearly profits (after tax and before bonuses) to charitable organisations and social impact initiatives through our Australian Ethical Foundation.
Consistently ranked as one of Australia’s fastest growing super funds, we believe that our continuing success shows that money can make a positive impact at a time when investing for a better future has never been so important.
The Australian Civil-Military Centre (ACMC) engages with, and supports, government departments and agencies, non-government organisations and international partners, including the United Nations, on civil-military-police issues to ensure that overseas operations apply best-practice integrated approaches for overseas operations.
ACMC’s commitment to continued delivery of best-practice approaches to Civil-Military-Police engagement by those involved in the strategic planning and delivery of conflict and disaster management activities.
The ACMC is multiagency in composition, with staff from Australian government departments and agencies, the New Zealand government and the Australian Council for International Development. It operates under a Charter agreed at Agency-head level to meet a mission-statement established by the National Security Committee of Cabinet.
INTL FCStone For over 30 years, INTL FCStone has been providing foreign exchange and treasury services to international aid and development organizations, UN agencies, NGOs, religious entities, government agencies, and financial institutions. They facilitate transactions to more than with 175 countries with particular expertise in exotic currencies and payments to our wonderful partner organisations throughout the world.
INTL FCStone work with several ACFID members supporting their international fund disbursement. A long-time supporter of the ACFID Membership and Conference, they have supported the event for ACFID members for over 4 years.
INTL FCStone will host a concurrent session on Day 1: Getting Smarter About Cross-Border Payments. Having worked with more than 700 aid and development organisations worldwide; join them for this session to bust some common misconceptions about cross-border payments. Learn about identifying hidden costs, differences between types of payments, and the behind-the-scenes transfer process. Recommended for delegates working in finance or business operations roles charged with getting the most value for money! More details about this exciting session can be found here.
BoardEffect Governance practices have remained static for nearly 150 years, but evolution in technology has recently driven impactful change in governance. As an increasing number of competitors emerge in every industry, organisations can no longer continue to rely on the status quo, but must instead drive change through the transformational potential of governance technology. As a modern governance company, BoardEffect is uniquely positioned to solve the governance deficit facing organisations today. Backed by the Diligent Corporation, we have strategically built and integrated applications that address governance risks and provide valuable insights from the board-level through decision makers across the organisation. We empower leaders who embrace technology to transform their governance deficit into a strategic advantage. We help our users ask the right questions, eliminate blinds spots, and make better decisions, while doing what’s right for their stakeholders and the broader community.
More than 2,750 leading organisations and over 180,000 users around the globe rely on BoardEffect to manage board-related information online and advance the work of their boards. Hospitals and healthcare systems, non-profit organisations, foundations, educational institutions, government entities and many others leverage BoardEffect to support the dynamic, nuanced, critically important work of their governing bodies.
OSKY specialises in assisting organisations in integrating services through digital transformation.
Having worked with many NFP organisations, OSKY understands the importance of reaching out to convey that vital awareness message, or that call to action to encourage people to support a worthy cause. The patterns, traits, and attitudes that make people want to engage are at the forefront of the OSKY team ethos.
OSKY is the creator of FundRaise Digital, a fun online platform that encourages people to raise funds as well as raising awareness for many charities.
With the digital world continually changing, the OSKY team continues to evolve their skills. The team welcomes any challenge and enjoys transforming a static web presence into a fully functional tool.
OSKY is proud to support the ACFID Conference once again and has two amazing offers for ACFID members:
1 – OSKY is offering attendees the opportunity for a free one-on-one consultation with one of their digital experts, who will be in attendance during the conference. You will need to book in early for this experience with one of the OSKY experts!
Book now by following this link http://osky.com.au/acfid
2 – OSKY is proud to offer a grant of $10,000 of digital and web services to ACFID members. The grant will be awarded based on the nature, financial need and likely impact of the digital conversion on the organisation. The proposed use of the grant will also be a determining factor when choosing the winning application. OSKY and ACFID will select and announce the winning submission at #ACFID2019!
Enter now by following this link https://www.oskyinteractive.com.au/grant/
The Campaign for Australian Aid is a community of people determined to build a fair, sustainable, and peaceful world
We are a community of Australian aid and development organisations, churches, community groups, businesses and citizens who speak out for a world where all people, regardless of gender, race, or place of birth, can live a free, happy and healthy life. We support a global approach to action on poverty, inequality, and climate change and for an Australia that is a compassionate global citizen helping to create a fair, sustainable, and peaceful world.
Poverty (Social Justice): We are for a fair go for everyone regardless of place of birth, standing up for a world free from poverty. That’s why Australia should meet its global commitment of Australian aid of 0.7% of GNI.
Inequality (Economic Fairness): We are for economic and gender equality and for ensuring global corporates pay their fair share of tax and pay working people fair wages.
Climate Change (Environmental Sustainability): We are for clean air, water and land and for action against big polluters who are causing climate change and putting people, particularly people living in the poorest parts of the world, at risk.
Whitelum Group is a professional consulting firm that specialises in international and community development. We work with the Australian Government and other International Donors, Civil Society, and Private sector who want Quality Development to contribute to Sustainable Futures, and Empowered Communities. We are an industry leader in international development program design, adaptive project management, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and providing strategic advice to find innovative solutions to development challenges.
Our small management team, led by Dr Bernadette Whitelum, draws upon the best people around the world to deliver progressive ideas focused on positive change, and consistently high-quality results. Our technical experts are on call to provide advice on education and health service delivery; gender equality and women’s empowerment; livelihoods and economic growth; working in conflict sensitive areas and with a do no harm approach; disaster management and post disaster recovery; disability and social inclusion; business cases and designs for new development investments; monitoring, evaluation and review; policy and advocacy and; organisational capacity development. Our team brings in-depth contextual knowledge and extensive experience in the Asia-Pacific region.
Whitelum Group is a consulting firm of choice to numerous donors. We have been selected as a panel member for the Green Climate Fund Communities of Practice, New Zealand MFAT’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Panel, the Design and MEL Categories on DFAT’s DevPanel, and the United Kingdom DFID’s International Multi-Disciplinary Framework Agreement. Our success reflects our commitment to quality outcomes for our clients and the strong technical expertise of our consultants.
Whitelum Group is proud to make the following offer available to delegates at the ACFID Conference:
Whitelum Group is offering the chance for an Australian not-for-profit to win five free days of international development consulting. Entrants must submit, in 200 words or less, what they would do with five free consulting days and Whitelum Group, in collaboration with ACFID, will judge the best entry.
Applicant’s should propose to draw upon Whitelum Group’s core expertise, some examples include:
- Facilitate a Reflect and Refocus workshop for team and project learning;
- Design a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Framework;
- Provide advice to a social and environmental safeguarding strategy;
- Facilitate a program design and theory of change workshop;
- Perform a gender, disability and/or social inclusion audit;
- Provide an independent appraisal of a program design, evaluation, or other document.
Send any inquiries and your applications (in less than 200 words) to [email protected]whitelumgroup.com before 5pm AEDT Monday 28th of October.
The RDI Network is a network of practitioners, researchers and evaluators working in international development, offering a key cross-sector platform for shared learning and action in international development. The Network exists to foster collaboration between Australian universities and NGOs in order to promote high quality and ethical development research, translated as evidence and applied to effective policy and practice.
We look forward to meeting you at ACFID Conference 2019 where you can pick up our latest resources and find out how you can get involved in upcoming events and activities.
Signal Events is Australia’s leading provider of custom event products and branded merchandise. We offer local service, international sourcing, custom design and bespoke personalised ordering sites to suit your individual needs. Speak to the team about name badges, lanyards, bags and merchandise for your next event or conference.
Please contact Moti Goode to discuss the Conference Sponsorship options for 2019 on [email protected]
ACFID acknowledges the longstanding relationship with it’s partner, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Conference Sponsorship Packages
Check out the available sponsorship packages by downloading the ACFID National Conference Sponsorship brochure.
Top reasons to get involved
- Showcase your products and services while promoting your brand at one of the top international development conferences throughout Asia and the Pacific.
- Participate in the largest annual gathering of executives, researchers, policy makers and practitioners in the Australian aid and development sector.
- Network with 350+ key staff who represent a majority of the managerial or executive level roles within the ACFID membership. Many of your current and prospective customers and employees will undoubtedly be familiar with both the organisations as well as specific campaigns they run.
- Develop new partnerships and associations with key decision makers across all facets of the international aid and development sector; including business services, applied research and universities, volunteer education and training, IT and infrastructure, HR and resource management.
- Learn about market trends, latest research findings and the future of the sector by attending some of the programmed sessions.
The ACFID National Conference is an ideal opportunity to extend your reach to those organisations in attendance. ACFID’s members require a multitude of services such as:
- Media/publishing houses
- Higher education institutions or consortia
- Technology and software providers (for eg. e-learning, online payment solutions, marketing solutions)
- Student programs (for eg. internship or scholarship programs, study/work abroad programs, volunteer programs)
- Business service providers (for eg. financial/banking, accommodation & travel, insurance, jobs/employment)
- Consultancies (for eg. research, leadership and professional development, strategy)
For individual packages or to discuss tailoring a package specific to your business or product, please contact Moti Goode on [email protected]
Fast facts about the ACFID membership
- Employs 4,809 people and over 33,000 volunteers in Australia alone (2016-17)
- 1.64 million individual donors supporting and contributing to programs (2016-17)
- $1.6 Billion dollars flows through the sector annually – 56% of this is raised by direct donations from the Australian public (2016-17)
- Total expenditure from the sector was $1.59 Billion dollars (2016-17)
- ACFID member organisations maintain presence in over 90 countries around the globe, and often look for partners who can provide a range of services in these locations
Some suggestions to increase engagement, brand awareness or leads at conference
- Conference hashtag & linking to social media – capture an audience that you may not usually
- Mailing Lists – encourage passers-by to add their name or business card with a competition or voucher
- Games & Competitions – after a long day of being spoken to, a light-hearted challenge or piece of trivia is a great way to engage, plus everyone wants a new tablet or smart phone!
- Consumer Education – if you have a great product and it fits a need, they will buy it.
- Pre-conference marketing – reach out to specific roles among ACFID members – e.g. Finance or HR Managers
- New Product Launch – generate buzz around a new product you have by inviting your target market to a ‘side event’ or sponsored session. You could even request to hold a ‘Private Session’ with specific roles only in attendance.