The Centre for Humanitarian Leadership works towards addressing some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Through teaching, research, policy development and innovation for the humanitarian sector we’re better serving communities affected by crisis with more responsive, efficient and relevant actions. We are transforming the way the humanitarian workforce is led, how humanitarian organisations operate, and challenging current approaches to humanitarian crisis response.
Our success is built on creating a hybrid system between practitioners and academia which promotes engagement with students, practitioners and stakeholders in a way that ensures our work has a measurable impact. Vital support from our partner organisations means we can continue to fill an internationally recognised gap in education, innovation and research and export our programmes globally.
Official Registration Sponsor
ConferenceNational offers a complete event management solution, delivered in a way that is simple, stress free, enjoyable & cost effect. Their flexible and dynamic business model means that they can work with you on your event from end-to-end or anywhere in between.
The ConferenceNational umbrella of companies consists of CN Flights, providing discounted flights for corporate and conference travel, free venue finding services with huge buying power through ConferenceDeals.com.au & ConferenceNational which provides event technology, secure online registration systems, conference & accommodation management as well as domestic & international destination expertise.
Official AV Sponsor
Scene Change delivers a national AV production and hire service in Adelaide, Brisbane, Hobart, Hunter Valley, Melbourne and Sydney. Each location is run by a local Director who is a shareholder in the business. That gives them the incentive to respond quickly, do deals and give you the personal attention you want. Scene Change operates in-house in a number of excellent venues, though most of their work is via event professionals, the producers and PCO’s who do a lot of events and like the reliability and continuity they can deliver. Not just a black box AV company but their wares include video, audio, lighting, staging, IT and other event technical services. That’s their specialty. Scene Change has won the Best AV Company in the Country Award for the last 5 years and they love what they do.
Official App Sponsor
CrowdCompass (by CVent) Mobile apps are the future of event planning and attendee interaction. Use CrowdCompass to power attendee engagement with a mobile event app, before, during and after your event.
CrowdCompass by Cvent creates mobile event apps for planners to increase attendee engagement and produce a strong return on investment. Besides enhancing attendee experience, boosting event ROI and decreasing cost, CrowdCompass enables event organisers to expand your brand like never before. As the premier event app developer, they provide mobile apps for conferences, tradeshows, meetings, and events that range in size from 50 to 50,000 attendees. It helps planners save tens of thousands of dollars and leaves a lasting impression on attendees as they return year after year. CrowdCompass mobile apps are an integrated component of Cvent’s event management platform – the most comprehensive in the industry.
Official Media Partner
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. A social enterprise, we connect and inform one million+ development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence, and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
Australian Civil Military Centre (ACMC) is a part of the Australian Government. ACMC’s mission is to support the development of national civil-military-police capabilities, in order to prevent, prepare for and respond more effectively to conflicts and disasters overseas.
The ACMC works with government, civil society, and international partners, including the United Nations, to improve the outcomes of civil-military-police crisis responses in Asia and the Pacific, and globally. ACMC develops and promotes good practice in civil-military-police approaches to conflict and disaster management, where success results from the ability of personnel from all sectors to plan collaboratively, resource appropriately, and respond quickly through an integrated and joined up approach
The ACMC comprises staff drawn from Australian government departments and agencies, the New Zealand government and the Australian Council for International Development. Portfolio responsibility resides with the Minister for Defence.
Perrett Laver Global development and non-profit organisations are operating in an increasingly complex environment and therefore are required to build diverse teams of world class leaders from a range of professional backgrounds and cultural perspectives. Perrett Laver identifies, engages, and secures those leaders. Working globally with humanitarian and development NGOs, domestic voluntary and community organisations, human rights organisations, microfinance institutions, philanthropic foundations, and social enterprises, we focus heavily on attracting the very best leaders globally and, where appropriate, talent from outside the sector.
The RDI Network is a network of practitioners, researchers and evaluators working in international development, offering a key cross-sector platform for shared learning and action in international development. The Network exists to foster collaboration between Australian universities and NGOs in order to promote high quality and ethical development research, translated as evidence and applied to effective policy and practice.
We look forward to meeting you at ACFID Conference 2017 where you can pick up our latest resources and find out how you can get involved in upcoming events and activities.
NGO Recruitment is Australia’s not-for-profit sector recruitment specialist. For almost 15 years, we have recruited for a vast range of not-for-profits, from large multinational NGOs to neighbourhood centres, and everything in between. Our unrivalled networks and specialist firsthand sector knowledge enable us to find the very best local and international talent to help drive, shape and empower the not-for-profit sector across the region. We recruit for: International non-government organisations, Charities, Community groups, Health and animal welfare organisations, Education institutions, Industry associations, Faith-based organisations, Political and activist groups.
Our focus is sector specific, role generic. We offer exclusive executive search and permanent, contract and temporary recruitment services and recruit all head office and operational job roles within an organisation – from executives, heads of finance and fundraising directors, to lawyers, lobbyists, HR managers, disability case managers and the complete range of finance and administration professionals. We also specialise in placing board members for a variety of organisations within the sector. With offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, our experienced consultants work as a national team recruiting across metropolitan, regional and remote Australia and into the Asia Pacific region. Our proven international search capabilities also enable us to find the very best global talent for specialist roles.
Corporate Traveller provide access to a global travel network backed by the Flight Centre Travel Group.
Forget call centres. Your dedicated travel manager will be your single point of contact and tailor your travel program to suit the unique needs of your business. Your expert account management team will regularly meet with you to provide insight into your business travel spend and identify strategies to drive savings. Our travel managers have an average of seven years experience and are highly experienced in designing effective business travel programs for clients in multitude of industries.
The Campaign for Australian Aid is a community of people determined to build a fair, sustainable, and peaceful world. We are a community of Australian aid and development organisations, churches, community groups, businesses and citizens who speak out for a world where all people, regardless of gender, race, or place of birth, can live a free, happy and healthy life. We support a global approach to action on poverty, inequality, and climate change and for an Australia that is a compassionate global citizen helping to create a fair, sustainable, and peaceful world.
-Poverty (Social Justice): We are for a fair go for everyone regardless of place of birth, standing up for a world free from poverty. That’s why Australia should meet its global commitment of Australian aid of 0.7% of GNI.
-Inequality (Economic Fairness): We are for economic and gender equality and for ensuring global corporates pay their fair share of tax and pay working people fair wages.
-Climate Change (Environmental Sustainability): We are for clean air, water and land and for action against big polluters who are causing climate change and putting people, particularly people living in the poorest parts of the world, at risk.
ACFID acknowledges the longstanding relationship with it’s partner, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Conference Sponsorship Packages
Check out the available sponsorship packages by downloading the ACFID National Conference Sponsorship brochure.
Top reasons to get involved
- Showcase your products and services while promoting your brand at one of the top international development conferences throughout Asia and the Pacific.
- Participate in the largest annual gathering of executives, researchers, policy makers and practitioners in the Australian aid and development sector.
- Network with 300+ key staff who represent a majority of the managerial or executive level roles within the ACFID membership. Many of your current and prospective customers and employees will undoubtedly be familiar with both the organisations as well as specific campaigns they run.
- Develop new partnerships and associations with key decision makers across all facets of the international aid and development sector; including business services, applied research and universities, volunteer education and training, IT and infrastructure, HR and resource management.
- Learn about market trends, latest research findings and the future of the sector by attending some of the programmed sessions.
Who should sponsor
- Media/publishing houses
- Higher education institutions or consortia
- Technology and software providers (e-learning, online payment solutions, marketing solutions)
- Student programs (internship or scholarship programs, study/work abroad programs, volunteer programs)
- Business service providers (financial/banking, accommodation & travel, insurance, jobs/employment)
- Consultancies (research, leadership and professional development, strategy)
For individual packages or to discuss tailoring a package specific to your business or product, please contact Moti Goode on [email protected]
Please direct all other Conference enquiries to Kate MacMaster, ACFID Strategic Programs Lead [email protected]
Fast facts about the ACFID membership
- Employs 4,191 people and over 27,000 volunteers in Australia alone (2014-15)
- $1.658 Billion dollars flows through the sector annually – 56% of this is raised by direct donations from the Australian public (2014-15).
- Total expenditure from the sector was $1.643 Billion dollars for 2014-15 financial year,
- ACFID member organisations maintain presence in over 90 countries around the globe, and often look for partners who can provide a range of services in these locations.
- 1.64 million individual donors in 2014-15, compared to the previous year 13-14, representing an increase of 110,000 individual donors.
- $92 Million raised for Emergency Humanitarian Relief campaigns in 2014-15 by the Australian public, indicating strength and trust in the sector.
Some suggestions to increase engagement, brand awareness or leads at conference
- Conference hashtag & linking to social media to capture an audience that you may not usually.
- Mailing Lists encourage passers-by to add their name or business card with a competition or voucher
- Games & Competitions, after a long day of being spoken to, a light hearted challenge or piece of trivia is a great way to engage, plus everyone wants a new tablet or smart phone!)
- Consumer Education, if you have a great product and it fits a need, they will buy it.
- Pre-conference marketing to specific roles amongst ACFID members – e.g. Finance or HR Managers (‘come visit the our booth at ACFID 2017 to hear
about all the innovations…’)
- New Product Launch, generate buzz around a new product you have for the market by inviting your target market to a ‘launch side event’ or a sponsored session. You could even request to hold a ‘Private Session’ with HR Managers only in attendance.